- (3 Lb.) 20 PK Short Ribs Bundle
With a little planning (think the night before) you can enjoy a delicious nutrient rich dinner with the whole family and only prep for 10 minutes. Talk about peace of mind. Here's how.
2 - 3 pounds 100% grass-fed beef short ribs
1 organic yellow onion, peeled and sliced into rings
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon grass-fed ghee or butter
3 organic garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
1½ cup broth (beef)
¼ cup hot sauce (optional)
Where to start
1. Set out short ribs (3 packs 1lb. each) to thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or thaw the morning of (15 minutes) in a sink full of water)
2. Line the bottom of your slow cooker with onion slices.
3. In a gallon-size resealable bag or large bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Add beef short ribs and toss to coat.
4. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add short ribs and brown 2 sides, roughly 1-2 minutes per side.
5. Remove ribs from skillet and place in slow cooker.
6. Add 3 minced garlic cloves to the skillet, and cook on medium-low until you can smell the garlic, roughly 1 minute.
7. Add 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1½ cups of broth, and ¼ cup hot sauce. Bring to a simmer and then pour mixture over ribs in the slow cooker.
Missing an ingredient? Don't sweat it! This recipe is super laid back! Just skip it and go on. In fact just short ribs with a little salt in the slow cooker turn out amazing.
8. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Come home from a busy day and allow the smell of a delicious nutrient rich dinner remind you that you don't have to worry about fixing supper. Gather the family for a delicious meal together, relax and enjoy!
To serve, grab some greenage (salad etc.) and place on plate with 1-2 short ribs. Then douse short ribs with onions and liquid from the slow cooker.
Heres to your next low stress, nutrient rich dinner as a family!
-David, Mariah, and Baby Judah
-- Recipe adapted from Fat Burning Man (funny name good recipes)