- (3.5 lbs.) Rib Roast
Your friends and family will relish this delicious holiday favorite and you can bask in the compliments. With a little forward planning this recipe is super easy and absolutely delicious.
1. Remove Rib Roast from freezer and place in refrigerator one day prior (that's bold because its important) to cooking. ( I can't can tell you to put it in the sink to let it thaw overnight, but I can tell you that that method works well :)
2. Remove from refrigerator and let sit for three hours prior to putting in the oven. This is to allow the temperature to rise to room temperature which ensures more even cooking.
3. Cut the rib bones from the roast. This is easily accomplished with a large kitchen knife. See photo below. (You don't have to do this or step 4 if you don't want to. Doing steps 3-4 simply makes it easier to carve the roast when you are ready to enjoy)
5. Insert meat thermometer so that it does not touch the bones
6. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
7. Brown roast in the oven at 500 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. Lower oven temperature to 350.
9. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 115 for rare, 120 for medium rare, and 130 for medium.
10. Remove from oven, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
11. Carve the roast. Add sauce and vegetables if you like.
12. Enjoy a delicious grass fed to finish Rib Roast with those you care about the most